Wednesday, January 03, 2007

My New Computer Rocks!

It's amazing! I can't believe it's working!
My old computer finally died right before the new year started, so my husband and I went to Best Buy for the first time in our lives to buy our first new computer. We've had two computers so far, which were given from his ex-boss for free, and we never had to buy our own. Both of us were pretty excited and wanted to get a quality computer that will last for at least 5 years.

We got HP Pavilion with a 17 inch flat screen; supposed to have cool features like a cd burner and photo maker which I have to learn how to use. But, I'm just really happy how fast it's working. My old computer didn't let me type on this site and worked like a turtle with a brain damage on certain sites, so I gave up posting here.

My good friend Dave(a.k.a Dutch Baka) who is also an active blogger encouraged me to post again here, so I decided to give it a try. I've been having an extrememly relaxing life now, only work 3 days a week; seems too early to be retired like that, so I'm trying to find some jobs I can do from home, or try some volunteer works when I finally get my driver's license. Yeah, I know I'm a loser!

I also have to apply for a citizenship especially now that my Japanese passport has expired, which means I can't travel out of the country, which means should anything happens to my family I would be in a big trouble.

Wow, this pc is working like a champ! Sorry, I keep saying that, but I just can't get over it...
Anyways, I took a video of my dog playing with a tennis ball by herself, and I'd like to share with you! I forgot to tell you, but

Happy New Year!!
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/misa1214/?action=view&current=potatoesandcora003.flv

3 comments:

  1. There's nothing like a new computer. It's pretty similar to buying a new car, I suppose--that feeling. Enjoy it! (And put some security measures in place to protect it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...couldn't you just renew your passport? I renewed my American one here in Japan just last year, and it really was no problem. I would imagine that it can't be too much work to renew your Japanese one in America....especially if you're semi-retired! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm kind of half way done towards getting my citizenship, and I'd rather get an American passport instead of renewing my Japanese one since I don't have urgent plans to travel overseas; it makes more sense to me to do so.

    But, you're right, I should look into whatever I need to do my semi-retired time. lol

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I have settled in the Adirondacks for my life.

Followers