Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year '09!!



I hear a lot of people say "New year's day is just another day." here in the US, but the new year's celebration has always given me this mixture of feelings of excitment, hopefulness and a bit of nostalgia that I don't get from any other holidays. Last year, I didn't do anything special besides going down the street to take photos of the fireworks. It was not very cold, so I stayed the whole time and used long exposure. I haven't decided if I will do it again this year, it's freaking cold outside and snowing.

This year I am just making lots of food for my husband who is working late tonight and early tomorrow, soup, quiche and baked chicken. I'd better run to the kitchen now!

Some shots from earlier today...
cora's pose


woodstove

cora's rope

table cloth

flaky painting

icy glass

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful shots! Quite the nice-looking dog, too. I'm pretty fond of the shots around the house. I like that sort of shot.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I have settled in the Adirondacks for my life.

Followers