Monday, July 27, 2009

Camping Photos

Finally, it's starting feel like summer is here. Daytime temperature is high 70s now. This past weekend we really needed the nice weather for our camping trip, and luckily, we didn't get a drop of rain up until we rolled into our tents. We planned on leaving early in the morning on Saturday but ended up having a late start; breakfast, coffee, shopping for supply etc.. None of us were actually concerned about securing a campsite because of the big event in the neighboring town. (Those crazy Ironman people... hehehe)

We paddled around on the first lake for a while, tried to get a site with a lean-to which was taken by a group, checked one site out but was too small, and I was sent to the other lake to check for one site we were thinking of. When I got back to tell the rest of the party that it seemed to be available, this couple I didn't even see before was unloading their stuff and told us that they were going for that site, so we turned our boats around and paddled some more...

The one we camped on was one of the best sites I ever camped. It was big enough for two tents and had a nice fire pit. We found a nice beech tree log for the campfire and cooking. The dinner was amazing as usual, but mosquitos were absolutely intolerable that forced us to go to bed kind of early.

Now, the photos. Here you go!

2 comments:

  1. My favorites are the ones of Cora and of all the trees (third from the end), I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jon! I like the one with the trees a lot, too. I got really lucky with the sunlight on that one. ;)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I have settled in the Adirondacks for my life.

Followers